What is Own Art?
Watermark Gallery is part of the Own Art scheme, a national scheme, supported by the Arts Council, to make it easy and affordable for anyone and everyone to buy contemporary art and craft.
How does it work?
Own Art loans allow you to borrow from as little as £100 up to £2,500 and pay it back over 10 months, completely interest-free. You can choose to finance all or just part of your purchase and multiple items can be bought with one loan. The best part is that you can take your art home with you straight away.
Applying for an Own Art loan is easy!
Once you’ve found the artwork that you want to buy, just let us know that you’d like to apply for an Own Art loan to finance your purchase. All you will need is proof of your residence and signature – for example, a driving licence.
Own Art is available to all UK residents over the age of 18, subject to status. This means that you must be able to meet one of the following criteria in order to be approved for a loan:
- Working at least 16 hours a week (employed or self-employed)
- A retired person in receipt of a pension
- If you are not working but are married to or living with a partner who does meet the above criteria, then you may still apply, provided that your partner is happy for their employment details to be included on your application form.
- It only takes a few minutes!
- We can either take you through the application in the gallery or we can send you an email link to complete your application at home.
- You will receive a welcome letter from Own Art’s finance partner Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance and following this your 10 monthly payments will be collected from your account by direct debit. This usually starts about four weeks after you’ve made your purchase.
Unfortunately the Own Art scheme is not available for use against Modern British prints.
If you would like to make use of the scheme please contact us, letting us know which artwork(s) you are interested in buying.
Further details on Own Art are here.