To get your items to you as quickly and as securely as possible, we offer various options for posting and delivery including:
- Free click and collect – from the gallery
- UK wide postage using Royal Mail
- Standard courier delivery in the UK, eg. DHL Express
- Bespoke, door to door delivery in the UK
- International shipping
Free Click & Collect
If you are local to us, or visiting Harrogate, you can buy online and collect from the gallery in person. Our click and collect service is free of charge.
Items that are sent by post will usually go with Royal Mail. All items sent in this way are tracked and will require a signature. We keep all the tracking details and can send these to you at any time.
Standard UK Courier Service
If you prefer you can also opt to send items by a national courier, such as DHL Express, Parcelforce or UPS. We prefer to send items out early in the week (if possible) to avoid parcels getting stuck at a depot over the weekend!
Bespoke Door to Door Delivery
If you are buying a large artwork or painting then you will also be given the option to choose a bespoke artwork delivery service. This is a door to door service with an experienced art handler. We use several art handlers in the UK and will choose the most appropriate service which is dependent on your postcode. There is a minimum charge of £100 per journey for this service within the mainland UK. However, customers in the Highlands and Islands should contact us for a quote. We strongly recommend this option if you are buying a large artwork, such as a painting, particularly if it is glazed.
Delivery Terms and Conditions
- All purchases must be paid for in full before delivery can be arranged.
- Our shipping costs are based on weight and size. The rates quoted cover postage, packaging and insurance for loss during transit.
- Original artworks will usually be sent flat-packed, whereas prints may be sent either flat-packed or rolled in a hardboard tube.
- The majority of items will be tracked and will require a signature on delivery.
- We aim to deliver as quickly as possible but please do allow at least a week for a delivery from us. All packaging is carried out to a high professional standard and packing takes place in our conservation studio. Please do let us know if you need your delivery urgently.
- We usually avoid sending items out on a Friday so that artworks are not left in a warehouse depot over the weekend.
- For international purchases we use DHL Express. On the checkout page, please click on the “Calculate Shipping” button and add your full address. The shipping cost, and any duty payable will be calculated automatically at this point.
- To reduce the risk of damage, and reduce the cost of shipping, we have a policy of removing any glass from framed items, before shipping, for international orders. This process can take up to 7 days as it takes place in our conservation studio.
- International deliveries will require a signature on delivery.
- We will let you know as soon as your order has been shipped, giving you an estimated delivery date and all relevant tracking information. We cannot guarantee an exact date as delays can sometimes occur at customs.
- Please be aware that customers are responsible for paying any import duties that are applicable on the item.